30 Mar 2013

Back in the 'real' world!


With a B-A-N-G!!!

Back in Bombay on work, and it's been strange.
It's a city I managed to leave, after many trials and tribulations, and now I'm back, and it's back to square one! 
It's a city that consumes you totally, your life isn't really your own, and the city dictates the pace you you do things at, and leaves you with no time to think, take a moment, or do the things you want to do! It's shocking how easily we forget these things! But being back a week now, and it's all coming back! 

Im looking forward to being back at work, and of course, there are things about this city, that are absolutely wonderful, but I don't really want to be here, and get stuck in the rut again! 

My week in Delhi was lovely! I got to meet everyone I wanted to meet, went to a concert in the park, had some crazy evenings out, and generally enjoyed being back! 

The differences between the 2 cities are glaring, of course! And most people give me strange looks when I say this - but Delhi has so much more to offer! There are the safety issues and general attitude and mentality of people etc., but really, if you look beyond the surface, it is so much more!

Like I was telling a friend today, being back in Bombay has it's ups -  it's always nice when the local butcher and istri-wala still remember you, a year or 2 on, and ask where you've been. It feels so good to be able to walk out alone at 1:00am and hail a cab, and the meter is put on immediately, but these are things one can un-learn and live without - different mindset! 
I hate to say it - but the city has nothing to offer me, and I have nothing to offer the city either! When you're done, you're DONE!!!

It's going to be another interesting journey - stay tuned! 


No comments: