Last stop on the continent - Bogota!
After being in 30ºc and at sea level - we're now at about 2,600 odd meters above sea level and in 12ºc weather with rain! Arrrggghhh
Well- today was a gorgeous sunny day - and it's fitting, since it's our last!
Well, Dada has already left for the airport- and I have one more night here, and fly out early tomorrow morning to California!
I am so so so sad to be leaving Colombia and South America - it's been an incredible journey - on so many levels, and I am so happy I could make it!
I've met some amazing people, made some friends for life, seen some amazing things, experienced a new life (almost) and discovered so much! Also like Dada said - we actually survived traveling together without too much damage!!! :-)
I'm going to start in reverse with Bogota - and then work backwards to Cartagena and Barranquilla etc.
It's a big city, with all the big city pros and cons!
It changes drastically from barrio to barrio, and it's in a valley, so steep roads and narrow roads, and not the safest city or the friendliest! The safety I can't vouch for - but the friendliness - definitely! After Medellin and the coast, people in Bogota are not that friendly! Big city, no time, everyone is doing their thing - very city like!
I have to admit I didn't take to it much yesterday, but today - I liked it a little more! It does grow on you!
The northern part of the city is a whole different world - new, modern, clean! You could be in London, New York, San Francisco, LA - it's crazy!
The centre and the South is where the city was born - so it has the old architecture, the narrow roads, the grunge - The contrast is amazing!
Not much to say about Bogota, because a day and a half is really not enough to suss out a city - even though we did see many parts - touristy and not - all in all - not bad!
Im off to watch some Colombian short films with a young Colombian film maker who has just finished directing a TV series on Escobar. Looking forward to seeing the cinema from Colombia, which is now booming!
More on the rest of Colombia later!
No comments:
Post a Comment