The temperature stays the same throughout the year apparently - 25/26ºc in the day and down to about 17/18º in the evenings.
This morning was overcast and grey and there was sunshine and humidity in the afternoon and rain in the evening - so it's been a good day for the weather - not so for me!!! I hate the rain! But thankfully I actually have some 'warm' clothes here! The one jacket I travelled with from Delhi! :-)
And the weather forecast says its going to be raining everyday!!! GREAT!!! eeeekkkkkkk
I don't think much sight seeing is going to happen here!!! :-(
I hope it turns!
I think this might have been my first bus tour ever!!!
I NEVER do bus tours, and prefer wandering on my own, but I wanted an overview of the city- coz again, it's GIGANTIC!!! And I don't have 4 weeks!
It's in a valley, surrounded by hills - very pretty, and very big! And because you can see the houses nestled among the hills - maybe stacked is a better word - stacked against the hills - you can really see how big it is - unlike BsAs which is flat and you can't really tell it's size (also huge).
I miss it already!!! And yesterday was such a gorgeous day in BsAs- I didn't want to leave!!!
Okie - that's the last of the lamenting - to new adventures, new encounters, new experiences, new cities and new memories!!!
The B&B im staying in is really very cute! It's a very large house, in a very nice area of Medellin- away from the centre, yet close enough.
The only place I did wander around today was the Jardin Botanico - all the other sites were shut today, so I thought it best to see everything and decide later what I want to do -
We also went to a small 'town', it's what most pueblos in this region look like apparently - looked sweet enough, and it was under construction/repair - so it looked more authentic :-)
And on my way back to the bus - look what I found -
It totally made my day!!! It wasn't as nice as our kairis - but this certainly made me happy! And they even eat it with salt sprinkled on it!!!
I met a very sweet Preuvian lady on the bus - she babbled away to me in Spanish, and I understood 85% of what she was saying, which wasn't too bad I thought - coz their accent and pronunciation is totally different.
And Im also having to change my pronunciations here, coz the Colombians speak very differently from the Argentinians! Same language, but sounds so different!!!
Im off to dinner - starving - Natalie (The woman who owns the B&B) has recommended a very local place for me to go eat at - so should be fun- corn cakes topped with a million things of your choice apparently!! Yay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment