It's been a day of many highs, and much happiness and much sadness!
I have to make a quick diversion to show you this -
It is crazy out there!!! It's HOT, humid, but thunder and lighting are totally fighting it out tonight. The wind is picking up as well, no signs of rain yet, but I'm sure that will follow soon too!
It's been one of the hottest summers in the history of Buenos Aires!!! This week the temperature has been hovering around 35/36Âșc, with about 85% humidity, and that's apparently very unusual for this part of the world!
I have to make a quick diversion to show you this -
It is crazy out there!!! It's HOT, humid, but thunder and lighting are totally fighting it out tonight. The wind is picking up as well, no signs of rain yet, but I'm sure that will follow soon too!
It's been one of the hottest summers in the history of Buenos Aires!!! This week the temperature has been hovering around 35/36Âșc, with about 85% humidity, and that's apparently very unusual for this part of the world!
Looks like its finally giving in though -
I don't think i've ever seen thunder like this before - im fascinated and a bit afraid I have to admit! It looks amazing but also so ominous!
And here comes the rain!
I have to make a confession - I HATE the rain! But I have to admit, im always so happy when it rains here, because it rains at the right time (when im indoors), for the right amount of time, and how beautifully it cools the city down!!! Just too lovely!!! :-)
-----
Of course I stopped writing last night -
It's a grey morning in BsAs today - also slightly cooler thank God! Though I wish the sun was shining!
I woke up this morning, not really feeling like I am leaving tomorrow - not knowing when, or if I will ever come back. But I am strangely calm, it feels like Im just going away on holiday, and not really leaving. Leaving only to return?!!!?? I cannot truly describe the feeling!
I've had a great 4 weeks. Even though I haven't seen and done everything - Im not really feeling bad about it, or there's no urgency to really rush around looking at things, and being in a million different places - im happy to have wandered around and done the things I have! Though I might have to make sure I eat my last steak tonight :-)
Last day of school was tough - I was very distracted, my mind was wandering in a million different directions, and when you know that this is almost the end, you start shutting down, mentally.
It was so sad to say bye to everyone! Every has been so wonderful at the school - great staff, great teachers, who really do care if you are learning and comprehending or not, and great attitude too! They really do go out of their way to help you!
After school - Maya, Sally and I went out for an early dinner. It was their last night here - they left early this morning. The 2 of them are the sweetest, smartest, intelligent, and lovely 21 yr olds I've met in a while! So bright and so great! They're both studying law in Brisbane, and I'm sure they'll go places!! They have the right balance of fun and responsibility! And so mature at their age! I wish I could have been more like that when I was that age!
I've been finding all these really sweet little places around the neighbourhood - cafes, restaurants, art galleries, parks, shops - it's been lovely! It's a great feeling to discover a new place that no one has recommended to you, and even the locals don't know it, and it turns out to be a real gem! Compiling my own little list of must do's in BsAs. :-)
The rain is back!!! Thankfully Im packing for most of the morning! Almost there! Feels like im taking back a lot less than I brought with me - which is not true, coz I bought a million things while I was here - but good! If my bag is lighter - great!!!
It really does feel like any other normal day here! A part from the fact that it is really strange not to have any homework to do! :-)
Oh, and how can I forgot - in all my wanderings around the neighbourhood, i kept walking past this tattoo parlour, and it had some really nice work on display, and i'd been toying with the idea of getting another tattoo in any case. And then I met Nahuel, an Argentinian 1st AD, and he had 2 beautiful tattoos, so I asked him where he had got his, and he said it was the same shop I had been walking past, and that they really are very good - so of course, the need to get one was doubled! Also, the street art in this city is SO AMAZING, and so many people has tattoos here, and I don't think i've seen even one and said, I don't like it - so i marched down to Well done tattoos before school yesterday, and got myself a beautiful one! :-)
The idea is Adriana's, and the inspiration - Argentina- of course!
I really wanted something to remind me of my time here, to be symbolic to here, and wanted to get it here - so here it is -
-----
Of course I stopped writing last night -
It's a grey morning in BsAs today - also slightly cooler thank God! Though I wish the sun was shining!
I woke up this morning, not really feeling like I am leaving tomorrow - not knowing when, or if I will ever come back. But I am strangely calm, it feels like Im just going away on holiday, and not really leaving. Leaving only to return?!!!?? I cannot truly describe the feeling!
I've had a great 4 weeks. Even though I haven't seen and done everything - Im not really feeling bad about it, or there's no urgency to really rush around looking at things, and being in a million different places - im happy to have wandered around and done the things I have! Though I might have to make sure I eat my last steak tonight :-)
Last day of school was tough - I was very distracted, my mind was wandering in a million different directions, and when you know that this is almost the end, you start shutting down, mentally.
It was so sad to say bye to everyone! Every has been so wonderful at the school - great staff, great teachers, who really do care if you are learning and comprehending or not, and great attitude too! They really do go out of their way to help you!
After school - Maya, Sally and I went out for an early dinner. It was their last night here - they left early this morning. The 2 of them are the sweetest, smartest, intelligent, and lovely 21 yr olds I've met in a while! So bright and so great! They're both studying law in Brisbane, and I'm sure they'll go places!! They have the right balance of fun and responsibility! And so mature at their age! I wish I could have been more like that when I was that age!
I've been finding all these really sweet little places around the neighbourhood - cafes, restaurants, art galleries, parks, shops - it's been lovely! It's a great feeling to discover a new place that no one has recommended to you, and even the locals don't know it, and it turns out to be a real gem! Compiling my own little list of must do's in BsAs. :-)
The rain is back!!! Thankfully Im packing for most of the morning! Almost there! Feels like im taking back a lot less than I brought with me - which is not true, coz I bought a million things while I was here - but good! If my bag is lighter - great!!!
It really does feel like any other normal day here! A part from the fact that it is really strange not to have any homework to do! :-)
Oh, and how can I forgot - in all my wanderings around the neighbourhood, i kept walking past this tattoo parlour, and it had some really nice work on display, and i'd been toying with the idea of getting another tattoo in any case. And then I met Nahuel, an Argentinian 1st AD, and he had 2 beautiful tattoos, so I asked him where he had got his, and he said it was the same shop I had been walking past, and that they really are very good - so of course, the need to get one was doubled! Also, the street art in this city is SO AMAZING, and so many people has tattoos here, and I don't think i've seen even one and said, I don't like it - so i marched down to Well done tattoos before school yesterday, and got myself a beautiful one! :-)
The idea is Adriana's, and the inspiration - Argentina- of course!
I really wanted something to remind me of my time here, to be symbolic to here, and wanted to get it here - so here it is -
I'm off to finish packing and do last minute things!
Maybe see you guys from Colombia next! Chau!
No comments:
Post a Comment