Having said that, I couldn't walk to the centre of town, so it must be big.
From 6ºc to 26ºC - I couldn't have asked for more! :-)
Blue skies, hot summer day- just the way I like it!
It's hot & humid like Bombay! Even my little apartment reminds of Fatima Villa. Maybe that's why I feel so calm and comfortable in the city!??!!!?
The neighbourhood i'm staying in, is one of the 'trendiest' and 'gay-est' parts of the city. It's quiet in parts and bustling in parts, which is good. Lots of little restaurants and cafes with these fascinating sandwiches which im dying to try!
The people seem very friendly and helpful, and quite a few speak basic english, or at least understand.
Hopefully my Spanish will start existing by the end of the week.
They were all super helpful today, and some going out of their way to help me find what I needed to.
It reminds me a bit of Malaga, also a bit of London, a bit of Paris, and a bit of home!
The architecture is of course influenced by all the invaders - there's a bit of the colonial, a bit of the art deco, also a lil of the art nouveau - and that's all I can identify really -
My landlady turned out to be 26 years old! Very sweet girl - Coty. And her mum Cristina, also very sweet. The husband/father studied India and Buddhist philosophy, and was a great follower of J. Krishnamurthy. So, naturally they got very excited when I told them I went to a school that was founded on his prinicples.
Im not sure what time zone im in at the moment - but the heat is taking over, and making me drowsy! And as I typed that out music started blaring out from the street - there are thousands of cyclists riding down the road, playing music, shouting slogans, singing, tooting their horns - Im not sure what it's all about - but i'll find out tomorrow!
The City seems to have this insane, high energy, which im dying to explore and be a part off. Maybe even pull a few all-nighters, in true porteno fashion!!!
2 comments:
Wowie! reading this, BA seems to have lived up to all our expectations and the years of daydreaming about it.. please keep us posted, i'm excited to vicariously explore Argentina with you anya!
It's quite an amazing city! Lived up to all expectations Shubsy! But it will take me a few days to really figure it out- it's confusing me no end - what with so many worlds meeting here!
xxx
Post a Comment