It's been a day of much excitement and a bit of disappointment as well!
While I was in class, I got a text saying, you've been nominated for the DGA awards for Life of Pi (All Asst. Directors get nominated if the Director gets nominated for the DGA). Of course there was much excitement, until (and this I've known for a while, and have been upset about) I realised, that even though we (Udayan - the Indian 1st AD and I) worked really hard on that film, literally put blood, sweat and tears into it - we've only been credited as 2nd Unit ADs. In our world, that is a HUGE oversight, and one that has upset me no end!
Im trying to be excited for Pi, but to be honest, I feel like we gave a lot more of ourselves to ZD 30, and would like to be credited for it.
Any ways -
News from BA -
I already seem to be getting into a routine - not sure if that is good or bad?
The early parts of the morning (It's light at 5:00am and im up soon after!!!) are spent chatting with people back home, then sight seeing - I've decided to do 1 place a day, keep the mystery going! And of course school at 2:00pm (which is terrible, as it's right in the middle of the day!!!), and then wander some more, get a drink with some of the people from school and other such social activities. And then of course, HOMEWORK when I do get home.
I went and saw the Teatro Colon today, I didn't take a guided tour, since it was too long, and I had to get to school, but Im hoping, that while Im here, I get to see either Carmen or Othello there. The pictures of the main proscenium look amazing! It will be quite something to watch a performance there.
It was super hot & humid today! I had forgotten (how easily we forget such things) how energy sapping the humidity can be! WOW! Im almost asleep already!
I wonder if their is a way to link this blog to my instagram page, so I don't have to post pictures twice everyday! (And it's also a pain to format pictures on blogspot!!!!!!!) If anyone reading this, has any answers - please let me know. Gracias!!!
While I was in class, I got a text saying, you've been nominated for the DGA awards for Life of Pi (All Asst. Directors get nominated if the Director gets nominated for the DGA). Of course there was much excitement, until (and this I've known for a while, and have been upset about) I realised, that even though we (Udayan - the Indian 1st AD and I) worked really hard on that film, literally put blood, sweat and tears into it - we've only been credited as 2nd Unit ADs. In our world, that is a HUGE oversight, and one that has upset me no end!
Im trying to be excited for Pi, but to be honest, I feel like we gave a lot more of ourselves to ZD 30, and would like to be credited for it.
Any ways -
News from BA -
I already seem to be getting into a routine - not sure if that is good or bad?
The early parts of the morning (It's light at 5:00am and im up soon after!!!) are spent chatting with people back home, then sight seeing - I've decided to do 1 place a day, keep the mystery going! And of course school at 2:00pm (which is terrible, as it's right in the middle of the day!!!), and then wander some more, get a drink with some of the people from school and other such social activities. And then of course, HOMEWORK when I do get home.
| The Obelisco |
| Portenos snoozing & eating lunch Under A Tree |
| Saxophones in the window |
I've also started to wander around without a map, in some bits. So after the Teatro Colon, I sort of wandered back through the small alley and lanes, in the general direction of school. It was fun to see 'normal' BA life passing me by, and me walking along with it! I crossed almost half a street full of only musical instruments - some shops had only Saxophones, some only guitars, others had all sorts of instruments - it was a good walk!
Practice practice practice - and that's the only way how my spanish will improve. Class was fun today, even though ive forgotten most of what I had learnt all those many years ago - It's all slowly coming back.
Our teacher, Pablo, is very good. He insists we learn things out of order, if it helps us understand and speak faster with more fluency. I agree with his philosophy - no use learning and conjugating verbs, if you don't know how to use them practically!It was super hot & humid today! I had forgotten (how easily we forget such things) how energy sapping the humidity can be! WOW! Im almost asleep already!
| Famous Conductor at the Teatro Colon |
Good night!!!
2 comments:
I am not sure my first comment I posted reached you properly. Let me try. see these two links for answers your questions:
http://girldoesgeek.com/2012/02/how-to-add-your-latest-instagram-photos-to-your-blogger-sidebar.html
http://hatchcraft.com/2010/12/13/how-to-get-your-instagram-share-url/
http://blog.instagram.com/post/16542250243/instagram-tips-share-uploaded
try it. abrasos charu tia
Your adventures sound lovely!
Sorry about the disappointing news.
Life of Pi received 10 Oscar nominations including for Best Director. Congratulations!
Post a Comment