No one here seems to believe i'm 30 years old!
Even the 30 year olds don't think i'm 30!
Everyone is so surprised when I tell them my age- most times they think im joking! They think im 23/24! YIKES!!!!
And then they say, oh you should be happy people think you're 23/24- No im not happy for people to think i'm younger. I like being 30, I want to be my age, and I don't care to look younger or older!!!
Of course everyone here looks way older than they actually are (the 18 yr olds look 24, the 24 yr olds look 30, the 30 yr olds look 40!) - so now i've started adding and subtracting a few years to their age, and ask them questions to judge exactly how old they are - im getting the hang of it- and i'm usually right!
We had an amazing evening at the Obelisco yesterday!
There was a Tango performance right in the middle of Ave. de 9 Julio!!! It was pretty incredible!
One side of the Avenue was made into a pedestrian street only, and sit was a free performance, so there were thousands and thousands of people there.
The whole thing was so well organised! Volunteers every where, no pushing and shoving, all very orderly and well managed. I was very impressed!
I wish we could do more of these in India - we have such amazing spaces, and they're all just rotting away, or are used for ridiculous reasons.
By making it a free event, and so accessible and so well organised - people get to see something special, and appreciate it! Of course in India, they would be a stampeded if something like this was organised - but still - I wish we could do things like this in our city!
The group that was performing was the Mora Godoy Tango company - they were all so so so good! And the orchestra that was playing with them - wow! Just so amazing!!!
In the day, we took a day trip to Tigre. It's a town just outside of BsAs and it's on the Parana Delta. It's made up of little stream and rivers, with houses on the banks.
The town itself was nothing special - but once we go onto the waterways - it was amazing!
They have lovely house along the many many many banks, and there are a few small 'beaches' and people doing all sorts of water sports - kayaking, rowing, water skiing - also just people swimming :-)
I so wish we could have got off on one of the banks and seen what it's like to be living there.
Wouldn't mind finding a friend who has a house there perfect weekend, summer get away!
We then went through this nature reserve that is going to open up to the public soon. And again- it reminded me so much of what I think the Amazon would look I!!! I really really want to go there now! SIGH!!!
Even the 30 year olds don't think i'm 30!
Everyone is so surprised when I tell them my age- most times they think im joking! They think im 23/24! YIKES!!!!
And then they say, oh you should be happy people think you're 23/24- No im not happy for people to think i'm younger. I like being 30, I want to be my age, and I don't care to look younger or older!!!
Of course everyone here looks way older than they actually are (the 18 yr olds look 24, the 24 yr olds look 30, the 30 yr olds look 40!) - so now i've started adding and subtracting a few years to their age, and ask them questions to judge exactly how old they are - im getting the hang of it- and i'm usually right!
We had an amazing evening at the Obelisco yesterday!
There was a Tango performance right in the middle of Ave. de 9 Julio!!! It was pretty incredible!
One side of the Avenue was made into a pedestrian street only, and sit was a free performance, so there were thousands and thousands of people there.
The whole thing was so well organised! Volunteers every where, no pushing and shoving, all very orderly and well managed. I was very impressed!
I wish we could do more of these in India - we have such amazing spaces, and they're all just rotting away, or are used for ridiculous reasons.
By making it a free event, and so accessible and so well organised - people get to see something special, and appreciate it! Of course in India, they would be a stampeded if something like this was organised - but still - I wish we could do things like this in our city!
The group that was performing was the Mora Godoy Tango company - they were all so so so good! And the orchestra that was playing with them - wow! Just so amazing!!!
In the day, we took a day trip to Tigre. It's a town just outside of BsAs and it's on the Parana Delta. It's made up of little stream and rivers, with houses on the banks.
The town itself was nothing special - but once we go onto the waterways - it was amazing!
They have lovely house along the many many many banks, and there are a few small 'beaches' and people doing all sorts of water sports - kayaking, rowing, water skiing - also just people swimming :-)
Wouldn't mind finding a friend who has a house there perfect weekend, summer get away!
We then went through this nature reserve that is going to open up to the public soon. And again- it reminded me so much of what I think the Amazon would look I!!! I really really want to go there now! SIGH!!!
Of course there are always a few downs - We went to Tigre on a school trip - and we were about 30 of us - and I've realised, I don't like going on these trips which such large numbers. It's gets too complicated with everyone wanting to do their own thing, or not being allowed to, and there's not real focus, and you miss out on so much! So no more school trips- just small groups of 2/3 people and that's it.
Also organising it ourselves and doing what we want works out better I feel.
So Sandra and I are planning to go to Rosario next weekend - looking forward to that. She is such a interesting lady - at 67, she's learning a new language and a starting a new life - I wish I can be like that at 67! Truly inspiring!
Back to school today - looking forward to week 3, in class and in the city!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment